Syllabus Introduction to Honorlock
In this class, you will take your tests remotely and will be proctored by Honorlock(link is external). A Student Quick-Guide will be provided on how to use Honorlock. You DO NOT need to create an account or schedule an appointment in advance, and access is available 24/7. A CatCard or government-issued ID is required to test. Please read the system requirements and Honorlock's standard rules and expectations before you begin the exam.
- You will need a desktop or laptop with an operating system. Tablets and iPads are not compatible. Suggested operating systems include:
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- MacOSX 10.14 and higher
- ChromeOS 93 and higher
- Your device must have a webcam and microphone.
- Built-in or external devices will work.
NOTE: Honorlock is not compatible with Walmart Branded Camera (ONN).
- You will need stable internet connection speed. Check to see if your device meets minimum requirements and scroll to System Requirements.
- Minimum of 1.5 MBPS download and 750 kbps upload
- You will need to use Google Chrome version 93 and higher as your browser.
Honorlock's Standard Rules and Regulations
Testing area should be as follows unless otherwise permitted by the instructor:
Lighting in the room must be bright enough to show your face and the surrounding area in a clear and detailed manner.
You should be seated at a desk or table. Laying down in bed or elsewhere when taking the exam is not allowed.
You should clear your desk or table of all materials (e.g. books, papers, notebooks, calculators, etc.). Only instructor approved materials are allowed.
No visible writing on the desk or walls is permitted.
All third-party programs and windows (websites, Excel, Word, etc.) on the testing computer must be closed before logging into the proctored test environment.
Loud music, television, or other distractions playing in the background are prohibited.
No other people or parties are permitted near the testing environment, and all communication between you and other people is prohibited.
The following behavior is expected unless otherwise permitted by the instructor:
- You must not leave the room during the testing period at any time or take the computer to another room without Honorlock's permission.
- No breaks will be permitted.
- Use of hats, hoodies, headsets, or earplugs is prohibited.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- Your face must remain within view of the camera at all times.
Honorlock will not add additional time for proctoring questions or technical issues encountered during the exam