Syllabus Introduction to Honorlock
In this class, you will take your tests remotely and will be proctored by Honorlock(link is external). A Student Quick-Guide will be provided on how to use Honorlock. You DO NOT need to create an account or schedule an appointment in advance, and access is available 24/7. A CatCard or government-issued ID is required to test. Please read the system requirements and Honorlock's standard rules and expectations before you begin the exam.
- You will need a desktop or laptop with an operating system. Tablets and iPads are not compatible. Suggested operating systems include:
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- MacOSX 10.14 and higher
- ChromeOS 93 and higher
- Your device must have a webcam and microphone.
- Built-in or external devices will work.
NOTE: Honorlock is not compatible with Walmart Branded Camera (ONN).
- You will need stable internet connection speed. Check to see if your device meets minimum requirements and scroll to System Requirements.
- Minimum of 1.5 MBPS download and 750 kbps upload
- You will need to use Google Chrome version 93 and higher as your browser.
Honorlock's Standard Rules and Regulations
- Lighting in the room must be bright enough to show your face and the surrounding area in a clear and detailed manner.
- You should be seated at a desk or table. Laying down in bed or elsewhere when taking the exam is not allowed.
- You should clear your desk or table of all materials (e.g. books, papers, notebooks, calculators, etc.). Only instructor approved materials are allowed.
- You must show the work area, including under the desk, as well as the entire room during the room scan.
- No visible writing on the desk or walls is permitted.
- All third-party programs and windows (websites, Excel, Word, etc.) on the testing computer must be closed before logging into the proctored test environment.
- Loud music, television, or other distractions playing in the background are prohibited.
- No other people or parties are permitted near the testing environment, and all communication between you and other people is prohibited.
- You must not leave the room during the testing period at any time or take the computer to another room without Honorlock's permission.
- No breaks will be permitted.
- Use of hats, hoodies, headsets, or earplugs is prohibited.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- Your face must remain within view of the camera at all times.
Honorlock will not add additional time for proctoring questions or technical issues encountered during the exam